There are a variety of apps available in the Google Play Store and the Apple Store these days. Some mobile apps stick to the limelight while others slowly fade into obscurity. Their features and functions make the difference.
But any idea- which apps have successfully impressed their target audiences? If not, find out the list of the 10 most popular and useful apps in 2022, including their features. It will surely help you as an aspiring entrepreneur to come up with an app loaded with tons of exciting features to impress your customers.
Here’s the list of the top 10 most useful and popular apps ruling in 2022:
Uber is a popular and most useful mobile app. It is a leading on-demand ride-sharing service that connects 103 million riders to drivers in over 70 countries, across the world.
Presently, Uber has many competitors, but still, they continue to dominate the U.S. market with nearly 71% of the market share. Uber also has a strong presence in many countries all over the world. Uber became very successful as it was the first to market, and in addition to that, it provides a superior user experience too.
Things that the Uber app does right:
- It provides amazing GPS integration with Google Maps that helps users to drop pins in precise locations and provide the option for making their location known to the driver.
- It offers smooth payment processing with the option for paying cash in parts of the world where cards are less used.
- It provides a price calculation which helps riders to know what they are paying.
Instagram, a product of the Facebook parent company Meta is one of the largest social media apps with nearly 1.4 billion monthly active users. Instagram became so famous as it provides the easiest way for people to connect with their friends through images and videos.
This app was initially launched in the year 2010 and then it was purchased by the Facebook company in the year 2012. Instagram is very popular among millennials and it is extremely useful for advertisers who are trying to reach those segments.
Some of the best features of the Instagram app are:
- The Instagram app first launched the “stories feature” before Facebook, allowing users to post videos and photos that would disappear automatically within 24 hours.
- It provides the in-app-video and photo editing feature for the on-spot uploads.
- Its “in-app-shopping” feature allows users to connect with brands they love.
- This app is free and it is available in both the Google play store and the App Store.
Tik-Tok is a popular mobile app created by the Beijing-based Byte-Dance firm for making and sharing short videos. Lip-syncing and dancing are the popular features of this app, but many people also use them for creating short films. It is liked by the under 18 crowds.
Some of the best features of the Tik-Tok app are:
- It has a very effective algorithm that figures out what users want to see and it keeps coming back to them every single time.
- It provides automatic filters that make every user look better looking on the camera.
- It has a duet option that allows users to collaborate on various devices for creating group videos.
- This app is free and it is available for both Android and iOS.
Airbnb is a useful and popular app that helps to connect hosts who have apartments and rooms with travelers looking for a place to stay. Some of the best features of the Airbnb app are:
- It provides powerful filters that help users to find the precise location they are looking for.
- It has in-app communication that helps guests and hosts to coordinate directly from the app.
- It provides a fully-integrated payment system that provides the option to pay for incidentals.
For example, if you lose the house keys and owe the host extra money for the copy they made, you can easily manage that exchange through the app.
Netflix is a subscription-based video-on-demand app. This app is available on a wide range of devices, including mobiles. Netflix continuously updates its collection of films with the latest and most acclaimed films and shows across many genres.
A few important things that the Netflix app does right are:
- It provides suggestions depending on the content users like which helps Netflix to keep its users engaged.
- It provides the option of offline viewing which helps users to download shows and movies that they can watch later.
- It provides parental controls which help parents to control the content that their kids will download and view on a family plan.
One of the biggest multinational tech giants, Amazon provides digital streaming, cloud computing, e-commerce, and more. Amazon has always been at the forefront of UX innovation, and it helps users buy, review and return products all over the world.
Some of the best features of the Amazon app are:
- The Barcode scanner feature helps a user to scan a barcode for things that they find in a store and compare it to the price on Amazon.
- It provides a good and smooth return process, which helps users to select products they want to return and process those returns rightly from the app.
- It has a buy now button that allows users to purchase with a single click.
Youtube is the best and most popular video platform. It is a collection of entertainment and original content which is helping millions of creators all over the world shoot and share their work all over the world.
Some of the best features of the youtube app are:
- It has “Video Chapters” that help creators to divide longer videos into shorter sections. It also allows viewers to jump to the part they want to watch and skip the other portions.
- It has easy-to-access captions buttons that help viewers see the captions on any video.
- It has a subscribe button that helps users subscribe to their favorite creator’s channel.
Dropbox is an extremely reliable and well-designed cloud storage app that performs well on multiple devices. This app helps to share files with teams and store vital documents on the cloud for future reference.
Some of the best features of the Dropbox app are:
- It provides easy integration with other apps and web services with absolutely no compatibility issues.
- It has no file size limits on uploads.
- It has easy sharing features which help users to create secured links to documents that they want to share.
Spotify is a music app, and it is consistently upgrading its mobile app design, music sharing capability, and streaming quality.
Some of the best features of the Spotify app are:
- It provides offline listening options to premium members by allowing them to download the songs they like.
- It has a playlist following and sharing feature that helps users to discover and share new music.
- It has been made for your playlist which sends new music based on the user’s preferences.
WhatsApp is a very popular chatting app. It was initially launched by Brian Acton and Jan Koum in the year 2009. Later, it was sold to the Facebook company in the year 2014.
This app is popular all over the world, mainly for chatting, making phone calls by using Internet data to bypass international phone networks. It has 1.5 billion users worldwide.
Some of the best features of the WhatsApp app are:
- It has end-to-end encryption that helps to keep users’ data safe.
- It has a voice messaging option with no time limit.
- It has a pin dropping option that helps users to share their live location.
If you are planning to launch your mobile app, make sure to implement the function-rich features that are currently trending and give an impeccable experience to your customers. Also, reach out to the expert app developers of a top mobile app development company to develop a glitch-free mobile app.