Get a free insulation grant for your home

Cavity Wall Insulation Grants will pay the entire cost of Cavity Wall Insulation professionally done if you qualify for a benefit. You must own the property, but you may rent it out or live there during the survey. Even if you’re not eligible for the Free Cavity Wall insulation Grant, a survey can be arranged through an approved installer. Cavity wall insulation is usually priced between PS500 and PS600.

Grant funding is available through the Energy Companies Obligation. This program was part of the Government’s Green Deal Energy Efficiency Program. Major energy suppliers make these grants possible. These grants don’t have to be repaid. This wall insulation is a great way of reducing your heating bills, especially as energy prices continue to rise. Cavity walls left uninsulated can let up to 35% heat escape from a house. Cavity Insulation could save your household up to PS145 per year.

cavity wall insulation grants

A survey is required to determine if 100% of grants are actually available. Surveys are usually free. The size and efficiency of your property may require you to pay a fee.

Cavity wall insulation free of charge for those who have one or more of the following benefits:

  • Armed Forces Independence Payment
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Carer’s Benefit
  • Child Welfare
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Benefits of Constant Attention
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • The Income-Based Jobseekers’ Benefit
  • Income-Related Employment Assistance
  • Income Support
  • Industrial Injuries Disability Benefit
  • Pension Guarantee Credit
  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
  • Severe Disablement Allowance
  • Universal Credit
  • War Pensions Mobility Supplement
  • Credit for working taxes

You must own the property or rent it to private landlords. Housing Association tenants with more than 50% ownership are not eligible.

It must be occupied. It must not be empty or in dire need of renovation. Walls that exceed 60% must be removed from the property. Extensions are not eligible for grants. In this instance, however, you can receive a free survey and a quote. Recent research from the Department of Energy and Climate Change shows that only 58% of Cavity wall insulation-qualified homes are actually insulated. You could be among the remaining 42% who need insulation.

Before applying for grants, you must ensure that your home doesn’t have cavity walls. Brick homes built before 1924 have a cavity as a common feature. If your property was built before 1924, it is likely to have solid walls. If the walls are less than 250mm (10 ft), it is possible to find a cavity. Cavity wall insulation should be installed in properties built after 1982.

You won’t qualify for grants if your property is believed to have Cavity Wall Insulation.

Cavity Wall Insulation is not available to you if you are:

  • Your property was built before 1924 or after 2005.
  • The walls are already insulated.
  • With the permission of your neighbours, you can live in a flat.
  • You can see any damp spots on the walls.
  • The property can be timber/steel-framed, or concrete. You can also have it made of rock.
  • Ventilation is insufficient and cannot be fitted.
  • Solid walls are more efficient than cavities walls if they are on your property. Grants may be available to insulate your outer or inner walls.

Related post