Common electrical problems in the home
Common electrical problems in the home , When it comes to hardware, your safety is of paramount importance.
Flashing lights, high bills, and damaged appliances can be signs of electrical problems in your home circuit.
Select the problems from the list below, as well as the most appropriate solution.
Common household electrical problems
- Frequent electrical sources
Electricity surges can be caused by anything from lightning strikes, damaged power lines, faulty appliances, and bad electrical wiring in your home. While the actual spike only lasts a fraction of a second, frequent spikes can damage the electrical components connected to your home, drastically reducing life expectancy. If you experience frequent electrical surges, the culprit is likely an electrical device connected to your home network or the wiring itself. Try unplugging any low-cost power supply card or device from the socket to see if this prevents voltage surges. If not, it is time to consult a professional electrician.
- The light switches are not working properly
Dimmers that do not regulate the light properly are often attributed to poor workmanship or poor products.
If you’ve just moved into a new home and find switches that don’t seem to activate anything, this could be a sign that circuit breakers have been replaced and appliances removed, or there may be a malfunction in the outlet, circuit, or wiring. Consult a professional electrician if you experience problems with switches in your home.
- A circuit breaker that trips frequently
High-wattage items like microwaves and hair dryers can trip circuit breakers, especially when other energy-consuming items are used in the same source. The circuit breaker is designed to protect you and your home, so when you’re on trips, it’s a sign that it’s doing its job. See what you were using when you click on it. If it’s a hair dryer, try using the low setting. Instead, limit the electrical use of a single electrical circuit while using high wattage appliances.
- Circuit load bypass
One of the main causes of frequent circuit breakers is an overload on the power panels. Most homes and apartments, even the newer ones, do not have enough power points to accommodate, say, a full setup of a home entertainment unit. If the circuit breakers on your home trip are frequent, it could be due to the circuit being overloaded. block this:
Never power boards.
Remove unused devices (eg phone chargers continue to draw power even when not connected).
Distribute your electrical needs. Do not overload one circuit.
Pay attention to how appliances are connected throughout the house – what is in use and what is not needed.
- Electric shock
Electric shock is a bad experience. Although it is usually very light, like a static shock, it reminds us that electricity is dangerous when it is not likely to be used. Electric shocks usually occur when the device is turned on or off. The problem may be with the device or it may be in the wiring. You can test this by plugging in another device and seeing if the results are repeatable, however you risk another electric shock. In most cases, it may be best to speak to an emergency electrician.
What to do if problems persist
If electrical problems persist in your home, you should consider calling a 24-hour electrician. Home safety is key, so don’t leave anything to change. Get in touch with a professional, to help you diagnose issues with your home’s electrical system for maximum peace of mind and safety.
Source : كهربائي بالرياض