Cosmetic Dentistry Options To Enhance Your Smile
A smile is the best thing anyone can have naturally since it enhances the personality of an individual. Cosmetic dentistry is now becoming more popular than it was in previous days. It involves whitening and shaping closing spaces and replacing the teeth. Dentists have a large selection of tools and techniques along with methods for improving the look of your smile. But before you decide to undergo any cosmetic procedure, it is important to know the benefits and risks and what you can expect during the whole treatment process. According to a renowned oral cosmetic center, Atlanta cosmetic Dentist, advises you to make sure that you are clear about how much the treatment will cost, how much experience your dentist has with the procedure and whether any special maintenance will be needed afterward the process.
Cosmetic Dentistry consists of multiple procedures that are performed for a wide variety of different purposes. These purposes are meant to improve an individual’s oral health and overall quality of life. It also boosts self-confidence. In the section below, the Atlanta cosmetic dentist lists different cosmetic dental techniques and how they can help enhance and improve your smile.
- Teeth Whitening: Professional teeth whitening is a simple procedure that is performed to remove any staining or discoloration that your teeth may have. As we grow, our teeth sustain a certain amount of wear and tear over the years due to various reasons such as food items, or even an accident can cause the tooth to be broken. It will give them a worn-down and dull appearance. But with the help of professionally whitening, you can reverse this process and restore your smile to its youthful glory. You can seek your dentist for more suggestions.
- Dental Implants: Well, a lot of people do not consider it as a treatment that is typically associated with cosmetic dentistry but it is obvious that implants can provide significant cosmetic improvement to your smile provided you are missing your tooth. At Atlanta Dental Implants, you can find them, made from titanium, dental implants are screw-like devices that are attached to the crown with the means of connector and can be designed to support single and multiple crowns. It ultimately results in a rigid replacement that looks and functions like natural teeth.
- Dental Bonding: Dental bonding is an easy and relatively inexpensive procedure as compared to other cosmetic surgeries. According to some of the most experienced Atlanta Dental Bonding professionals, it is a process in which a composite resin is applied to a damaged or decayed tooth. It is done ultimately to repair and restore the tooth to its natural self. While dental bonding is generally used to repair chips and cracks in teeth, it can also be done to fill in dental gaps, closed spaces between the teeth and reshape teeth.
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns, also known as filling, are not necessarily applied for strictly cosmetic Dentistry but it is a proven fact that you cannot deny the cosmetic benefits that a dental crown can come with. A dental crown is a composite cap that is fitted over a damaged or decayed tooth after it has been treated and sealed. This procedure is performed to complete the treatment of a large cavity, root canal or dental implant. It is designed to resemble the tooth’s previous appearance and this is why a crown is created to restore the tooth cosmetically. It also protects it from incurring any future damage.
- Gum Crafts: Tooth roots that are exposed due to gum recession can become sensitive to hot and cold foods or liquids, along with this they make teeth appear long. Gum recession can put you at risk of developing cavities on the tooth root, ultimately leading to bone loss and eventually resulting in tooth loss. Soft tissue grafts are responsible for moving healthy gum tissue from one part of the mouth to another part and can stop gum recession and bone loss to improve the esthetics of the gum line.
Before deciding on whether to undergo any cosmetic procedure it is also important to know the benefits and risks and what you can expect during the process of cosmetic procedures. Therefore we have listed and made sure that you are clear about all the information, well it greatly depends upon how much experience your dentist has with the procedure and whether any special kind of care will be needed afterwards the surgery. You can choose yourself wisely!