Design Ideas for Cedar Fence Gates
Few things create the perfect backdrop for your backyard garden like beautiful cedar fence gates. The warmth and abundance of the wood not only provides the perfect canvas for your greenery and landscaping, but also gives you privacy, security and the serenity to relax and be yourself after a long day at work. Here are seven cedar fence and gate design ideas that will meet any budget or aesthetic requirement.
- Prefabricated panels: There is nothing like prefabricated fence panels for maximum ease of installation. With panels up to 6 feet high or 3 feet deep and staked, you are guaranteed a beautiful fence with minimal installation costs. When using modular fence panels, the most important thing is to carefully measure your yard and check the dimensions of the panels before installing them. It is recommended that you specify posts when setting up panels rather than pre-setting posts so that you can adjust accordingly driveway gate designs.
- Lattice work: A kind of prefabricated panel fence, cedar lattice pattern make for an attractive fence, no matter whether the lattice runs diagonally or straight up and down. The advantage of trellises is that they are perfect for crawling and vine plants in case you need a little more privacy or for that “speckled sunlight” effect.
- Basic Standard Fence: One type of fence that has proven itself over time is the standard fence. This type of fence is made up of treated posts that are dug and preferably cemented into the ground with horizontal rails that support these posts. Fence boards with square, gothic, dog-eared, pointed, or rounded ends are then nailed or screwed to the rails and treated with a water seal, or in the case of Tom Sawyer, white wash.
- Good neighbor fence: A variation on the standard fence, a good neighbor fence, will help you create the border of your property with a fence that is attractive on both sides. Instead of just hanging fence boards side-by-side, alternate the boards on either side of the fence three inches apart. That way, your property is well defined, but you are not completely enclosed in your neighbor’s garden.
- “Traditional” cedar fence: This type of fence combines the construction of the standard fence with the modular aspect of prefabricated panels driveway gate wood. Coarse wood is often used to create strong panels that are built on site. The severity of this fence and the unique design elements it offers such as: B. Plant windows, make it one of the most attractive and labor intensive fences on the market today.
- Alternative Fencing Tops and Bases: Depending on your personal style and budget, you can choose from a variety of custom features to add “heaviness” to your fence or a luxurious finish reminiscent of Spanish gardens. For an oriental theme, consider using a stone pedestal to make your fence strong and timeless. For a lighter feel, consider using grilles around the top to allow for a view of the neighbors and the community beyond.
The ultimate luxury finish is a vine-covered trellis top that runs along the perimeter of your fence. As grapes, honeysuckle, and other flowering vines race over the top, the light in your back yard is dappled for lovely garden parties and al fresco dining.