Forge Seamless Rolled Rings – From the World’s Leading Manufacturer
Seamless rolled rings enjoy several applications in many industries owing to the numerous advantages they offer. Getting these rings manufactured and supplied by a leading manufacturer like CHW Forge provides companies with seamless opportunities.
Benefits and Uses of Forged Seamless Rolled Rings
Seamless rolled ring forging has gained immense popularity over the past few years. This can be attributed to the manifold advantages offered by seamless rolled rings that make it easier to use them in a wide range of industries. Let’s take a closer look at some of the benefits offered by seamless rolled rings, as well as their uses.
Understanding the Process of Seamless Rolled Ring Forging
Before understanding the benefits of seamless rolled rings, you must understand the process of forging these rings. So what are seamless rolled rings in the first place?
The forging process of seamless rolled rings is called ring rolling and begins with a thick, circular piece of metal. The round-shaped metal already comes with a hole pierced in the center, giving it the appearance of a doughnut.
This piece of metal is then exposed to heat where it is rolled, rotated, and squeezed continuously using a mandrel roll. Over time, the continuous rolling reduces the thickness of the walls and increases the ring’s diameter, allowing it to take the required shape.
Benefits of Seamless Rolled Rings
Here are some of the benefits offered by seamless rolled rings
- They are stronger than other metal components and can retain their strength even with extreme temperature fluctuations.
- Their performance is predictable under heat, making it easier to understand the maximum temperature they can withstand.
- They can be made using any forgeable material like carbon, stainless steel, alloys and even aerospace metal. Their versatility also makes them a more flexible and reliable option for components used in several industries.
- They cost less to make when compared to other similar components because the forged rings require lower costs for raw materials and machining operations. This makes them a cost-effective solution for manufacturing components used in several industries.
- They can be fabricated in different configurations with ease. It is comparatively easier to adjust the proportions of these rings to create components to be used in special kinds of processing.
Uses of Seamless Rolled Rings
Seamless rolled rings are far superior to other ring structures. This makes them more efficient to manufacture components for several industries. Some of the more common industries that use seamless rolled rings in their components include:
Forged seamless rolled rings find their use in almost every high load and structural component manufactured in the automotive industry, including, but not limited to, clutches, camshafts, gears, crankshafts, couplings, braking systems, etc. The use of seamless rolled rings in these components enables the latter to withstand wear and tear for longer, making them highly durable and reliable.
Components in the aviation industry are constantly being put under physical stress and pressure. This explains why seamless rolled rings are more preferred to manufacture components used in helicopter gearboxes, jet turbines, and jet engines.
Oil and Gas:
Seamless rolled rings find several uses in the oil and gas production industry. Some of their used include pressure connectors for pipes and flanges. They are also used in subsea connections, surface oil exploration, and hydraulic fracturing owing to their increased resistance to temperature, pressure, and corrosion.