What is important in Gmail kid account?
Gmail is the best for people for many reasons, it is easy to use also the other procedures associated with the Gmail service are easy to conduct. People can easily log in to Gmail also they can very easily install Gmail applications and they can do a lot more with the same ease. Gmail Kid account is also a really beneficial thing that Gmail has included in its setup and it is really becoming popular among people for many reasons.
Gmail Kid’s account–
Well, this is something that is still relatively new for people, and they do not know much related to it. But there are so many people who wish to use the Gmail kid account. Before starting the use of anything it is necessary for the users to understand each and everything related to it especially in cases where there are so many advanced techniques and features involved.
How to get a Google account for someone who is under 13 years?
For a Google account for less than 13 children please, follow the steps given below–
- Please download the family link app
- After this please open the Family link app
- Next, from the top right corner click on create or the add icon
- After this, follow the on-screen instructions for creating a child’s account
- Once, the process would complete, there will be a confirmation message appearing on the screen
After this, there are many other important details also that one needs to know, further in the blog we will discuss those all.
How is a kid’s Gmail account different from an adult account?
Well, there are certain differences between the two types of Gmail accounts, here let us further discuss those differences for the ease and comfort of everyone.
- There will be no ads in the Gmail account created for a kid
- Automatic forwarding remains disabled on the kids’ account
- The offline feature of Gmail does not work on the kids’ account
- The Gmail experimental features are not provided for the kid’s account
- There is no mail delegation feature provided to kids. They cannot grant access to their emails to anyone else
- Spam never gets into a Gmail kid’s account inbox
Note- One point that users should keep in mind is that once your child will be 13, he or she will be able to remove parental controls from the account very easily.
But, until your child turns 13, there are certain safety tips, which you should keep in mind further with the motive of making the blog more information we will discuss those tips as well.
Blocking an email address from connecting with your child-
- For doing that, please follow the steps as given below-
- Open an email from the person whom you wish to block
- From the top right corner click on the “three dot” icon
- Next, click on block sender
Other than this as a parent, you can also set filters for your child’s Gmail account; here let us further see how we can do that.
How to create filters in Gmail kid’s account?
If you have to create filters in the Gmail Kids account please follow, given steps–
- In Gmail, kids account click on the gear icon
- After this click on “settings”
- In the next step click on filters and the blocked addresses tab
- After this click on “create a new filter”
- Following the prompts, you can customize your filter
After all of these safety measures, there are some more points that you should be careful about.
The extra points to note are as follows-
- Children should not communicate with strangers online
- Children should not fall prey to phishing scams
So, these are all the significant things related to the Gmail kid’s account that you should be aware of if you are planning to make your child signup for a Gmail account.