The Bihar Sub-Inspector post is selected by the exam conducted by the Bihar Police Subordinate Services Commission (BPSSC) exam every year. The candidate has to go through different rounds involving two rounds of written exam, followed by Physical Standard Test (PST), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), medical check-up, and document verification. The Bihar Police SI exam will be held on 26 December 2021.
The candidates need to check the official website of BPSSC for more details on the examination. A candidate preparing for the Bihar Police SI examination should be aware of the profile, salary, and incentives provided to the SI. The Bihar State police awards handsomely to the State-level SI as per their responsibilities. But a candidate has to clear all the rounds successfully to be posted as a SI in any police station. We have shared the Bihar Police SI salary with you here.
Bihar Sub-Inspector Police Job Profile
The Bihar Police Sub-Inspector post is selected through the exam conducted by BPSSC. The candidates preparing for the SI profile should be aware of the job in detail. The job profile has multiple responsibilities and is equally compensated with a good salary and various other perks and incentives.
Bihar Police SI Job Description
The Bihar SI Police has multiple responsibilities.
- The constables of the police station report to the SI directly.
- The SI is responsible for enlisting FIR against a person.
- The SI handles all the wrongdoings happening within their jurisdiction by documenting and examining them.
- The SI has the power to scatter the resources available to maintain peace and order in their jurisdiction.
- The SI looks after the customary patrolling within their jurisdiction.
- The SI can examine all the cases authorised by the parliament or the state laws under the Indian Penal Code.
- The SI is responsible for maintaining a cordial relationship with the other staff of the police station.
Bihar Police SI Salary Structure
The Bihar Police SI comes under level 6, and the salary structure includes basic pay, grade pay, and other perks.
|Salary Structure||Salary (In INR)|
|Dearness Allowance (DA)||4,248|
|HRA (If applicable)||2,124/2,832/5,664|
|City Transport Aid||600- 1,500|
|Ration Money Allowance||3,000|
|Total Monthly Salary||49,772-54,212|
The in-hand salary would differ after certain mandatory deductions.
Bihar Police SI Perks and Incentives
The Bihar Police SI also receives certain perks and incentives along with their salary for their service.
- House Rent Allowance- According to the job posting, the SI is given 6%, 8%, or 12% of the basic pay for the settlement costs. This depends on the place of posting for the SI.
- Dearness Allowance- The DA is 12% of the basic pay and is connected to the cost of living. The allowance may vary as per their job posting of the SI.
- Travel Allowance- The travel allowance is provided for the business travel of the SI. It is paid in advance or paid after submission of the bills.
- Leave Encashment- The SI can avail of this allowance in exchange for a certain amount of unused leaves after a certain period. This allowance can be encashed during retirement or terminating the job.
- Medical Allowance- The SI is given a medical allowance which is provided on the submission of bills.
- Uniform allowance- The SI is given a uniform allowance along with their salary every month.
- Vehicle Allowance- The SI is given a monthly vehicle allowance for using their vehicle for official purposes.
- Ration Money Allowance- The SI is provided with a fixed amount for monthly rations for the SI and their family.
Bihar Police SI future roles in the department: Career Growth and Promotion
A candidate appearing for the profile of SI has a bright future as there are multiple opportunities for promotion in their duty. With undertaking the right amount of responsibilities and providing the required result to their seniors, the SI can look at promotions during their service.
- Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP)
- Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (ADL.DCP) or Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP)
The promotions are provided as per the performances of the SI. So, a candidate needs to work hard for promotion by understanding the job profile and giving their total commitment towards society.
The Bihar Police SI is a respectable job, and many candidates try their luck every year to clear the exams. The selected candidates are posted in different police stations and are enlisted with various responsibilities for the smooth running of the police station and its jurisdiction. The SI is paid a good salary and multiple incentives and perks for their service to the country. You can prepare for Bihar Police SI with BYJU’S Exam Prep with the help of online classes and mock papers.