The Great Lakes covers over 94, 000 square miles and forms a very long inland sea that has winds, currents, waves, depths and distant shores. The earliest inhabitants in the area can be traced to about 10, 000 years ago. Cruising on the Great Lakes is not very expensive. If you book a Great Lakes cruise, you and your family members will be able to enjoy the clear and breath-taking waters of the largest freshwater ecosystem in the world. The cost of cruising through these lakes is affordable and depends on the cruse line that is offering cruises.
You will get the opportunity to sail among the 30, 000 islands and get the chance to visit the remarkable tourist destination sites in the areas at cost-effective prices. To get the best value in cruises for your family, book your seats, rooms and transport means well in advance. You will get to experience the famous tourist spots that are in Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, Lake Erie and Lake Ontario.
These cruises go for about 10 to 14 days. Moreover, they can cost anywhere from $4000 to $6000 per person. There are many ways of paying less on cruises like going during off-peak seasons, choosing cheaper cruise lines and choosing to visit a few destinations to save on cost.
Some of the most interesting tourist destinations in Michigan include:
· Milwaukee: Milwaukee has a Great Lakes Distillery and many museums such as the Milwaukee Art Museum, Public Museum and the Harley Davidson Museum.
· Chicago: While in Chicago,you can visit the Millennium Park, the Chicago Bean and the Navy Pier.
· Grand Haven/Holland; You and your loved ones can check out the Windmill Island Gardens and the State Park Beach.
· Traverse City; If you are a wine lover, you have the opportunity to taste some of the best wines in the area. You can also enjoy the sand dunes, clear waters and the beaches of this beautiful city.
· Cheboygan State Park: You and your loved ones will be able to enjoy the amazing views of Lake Huron and the many lighthouses that make the place very special.
· Mackinac Island: Visit Mackinac Island. They use horses, foot, buggies or bicycles as their main forms of transport. There are over six hundred horses. You can visit the Grand Hotel and Fort Mackinac.
· St. Ignace: When you visit the third-largest city in the United States, you can see the Straits State Park, the Bridge View Park and the Mackinac Bridge.
· USS Edson: This ship has a rich historic background dating back to the Vietnam War.
· Beaches and bays: Pay a visit to some of the best bays and beaches such as the Hamilton Harbour, the Toronto Bay, the Sodus Bay, Irondequoit Bay, and the Bay of Quinte.
· Nature and parks: You can visit the Sandbanks Provincial Park and the Sandy Island Beach State Park to enjoy the scenery and the weather.
· Historic sites: You and your loved ones can visit Fort Oswego, Fort Frontenac, and Fort Rouille to understand the history of Lake Ontario.
· Kelley’s Islands: In Kelley’s Islands, there is Glacial Grooves Park and State Park.
· South Bass Islands: Explore Perry’s Cave Family Fun Centre that has caves and mini-golf courses. You and your loved ones can also explore the Butterfly House and see the hundreds of butterflies from Costa Rica.