How to apply for India tourist visa?￼
A visa is conditional on authorization granted by territory to foreigners, allowing them to enter & remain within or leave that territory.
Visas may include limits on the duration of foreigner’s stay areas within the country. Some countries no longer issue physical Indian Visa Application Online. Visas are associated with the request for permission to enter a territory.
Today, travellers wishing to enter another country must often apply in advance for a visa, sometimes in person at the consular office, by post, or over the internet. Some of the countries do not require visitors to apply for a visa in advance for short visits. Some countries which restrict emigration require individuals to possess an exit India tourist visa to leave the country.
These exit visas may be required for foreigners, or both depending on the policies of the country concerned. Some countries no longer issue physical visa evidence instead of recording details only in immigration databases.
Document required for visa
1. Passport in original with a minimum validity of 6 months on the date of submission of the visa application. If you are wondering how long does it take to get a tourist visa to India, then keep on reading. A passport should have 2 blank pages for any corrections. And a copy of the passport.
2. One recent passport-size photograph depicts a full face.
3. Proof of Residence: Either they need a copy of the National ID Card or Utility Bill such as electricity, water bill, or telephone.
4. Proof of Profession: Certificate from the employer. In the case of students, a copy of the identity card from an educational institution is to be attached with a document and details on Indian Visa Online Application fees.
5. Proof of the Financial soundness: Endorsement of foreign currency, equivalent to US 150$ and per applicant or copy of international credit card or a new bank statement which is updated and showing sufficient balance to the finance travel to India.
These are the documents we need for the Indian tourist’s visa.
What is the aim of the e tourist visa?
The Indian e tourist Visa is accepted by the airports located in some cities like Chennai, Delhi, Cochin, Bangalore, Goa, Mumbai, and Kolkata.
The India e-Visa enables the prospective visitor to apply for an Indian Visa from their home country online without visiting the Indian Mission and also pay the visa fee online.
How long does it take to get a tourist visa to India? If you are arriving or departing from other ports, you will have to apply for a traditional Indian Visa.
E-Visa application process
The India Tourist e-Visa is an online visa that allows eligible citizens to visit India for a maximum of 90 consecutive days for touristic purposes.
So here is the process to apply for an e-Visa:
1. Apply online. Upload Photo and Passport Page.
2. Pay the visa fee online. Using Credit, Debit card, Payment Wallet.
3. Receive ETA Online. Electronic Travel Authorization/ETA Will be sent to your email.
4. Fly To India. Print ETA and present at Immigration you have to check the post where eVisa will be stamped on your passport.
These are common questions asked during the Schengen visa interview.
Where do you reside in the country?
Which college/university do you study at?
What is your educational qualification?
Are you married?
Do your parents/in-laws live with you?
Do you have any children?
What do your children do for a living?
The India e-tourist visa is also available as an online visa for business purposes, as an e-Medical Patient visa for those seeking medical treatment, or as an e-Medical Companion of Patient visa for those wishing to accompany a patient to India.
How much is a tourist visa to India?
• A short-term tourist visa Indian fees costs around 60 euros or Rs 5,095 at the current exchange rate.
• A nonimmigrant tourist visa to the USA costs USD 160 for an Indian passport holder. At the current consular exchange rate, that is Rs 11,840 and is valid for 10 years.
• The e tourist visa Indian fee is off the amounts that the applicant needs to pay at the India Immigration Department to process the electronic visa. This is an obligation-free to apply for travel authorization.
• And one important thing to remember is that Indian e-visa fees are non-refundable – whether your visa is approved or not. If it was a mistake, you made it while filling the form or uploading the documents. You will pay a fee for the reapplication of the e tourist visa India fees.
• Therefore, you should prepare well and be flawless in filling the forms and submitting the appropriate documents.
Due to Covid-19, more work is involved in India for e visa processing. This extra effort, e tourist visa India processing time, may affect processing fees in the future. And by 2021, expect an increase in India visa fees.
How long does it take to get a tourist visa to India?
If you make an application in person, it will take around 3-5 working days for e tourist visa Indian processing time. For Indian, US citizens who require a reference and all non-US citizens, and short-term visas, it will take at least one to two weeks. In some cases, it may take a longer e tourist visa India processing time. After the processing, the applicant can get a positive reply on their application, and then documents will be delivered, and the visa can take up to two other workdays.
If there is an emergency, an Urgent Indian Visa Application (Process within 1 to 3 Days). You can easily avail of the facility for urgent processing of the Indian Visa by applying through the Fast track Visa Services. The applicant can get their Urgent Visa within one to two weeks to get the tourist visa to India. This specific type of visa is valid for 1 year after the issue. It means you must enter India within a period no longer than 1 year after the issue.
Who is eligible to apply for Indian e tourist visa?
People of around 150 countries, including the US, can apply for an Indian e tourist visa. Citizens of any other country who wish to visit the country for tourism or family visits can apply for the e tourist visa. If you or your grandparents or parents were born in Pakistan or were a Pakistani citizen, you will only have to apply for a traditional visa. Indian visas are still suspended. The Government of India has restored all existing visas, which had been suspended earlier, including some of the electronic visas and except the Indian e tourist visa, tourist visa and medical visa.
Which country gives easy visa to India?
Beautiful Singapore is amongst the most expensive cities globally, yet the easiest to travel for Indians. Singapore should be on the top of your travel list with well-connected flights and a quick, straightforward E- visa application process. And yes, you go to India without a visa because Visas obtained in advance of travel are required for all foreign visitors to India, regardless of country of origin, the purpose of visit, or length of stay. International travellers who arrive in India without a passport or visa may be immediately deported.