How to fix DNS that can’t resolve Xbox server name?
Hi. Whenever I try to connect to the internet on my Xbox, I am able to connect to my router, but I get the “DNS does not resolve Xbox server name” error. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Xbox is a video game brand created and owned by Microsoft.The brand has released five video game consoles, games, streaming services and an Xbox network. It was introduced to the United States in November 2001 with the launch of the first Xbox console.
Since then, it has become more than just a technology for gaming enthusiasts. Without the ability to buy and download games online and install them automatically, on Xbox One you can watch TV, movies, Youtube, listen to music, chat with Skype and browse the internet.
Unfortunately, sometimes users have problems trying to use the Xbox resolver with a wireless connection. Users have encountered the “DNS could not resolve the Xbox server name” error at least once. But that’s not an issue with the console itself; your home network relies on DNS servers provided by your ISP.  , which has nothing to do with Xbox.
DNS (Domain Name System) is a network component that translates the name of a website you want to visit into an IP address that matches that website. If the DNS servers provided by the ISP are slow, or the cache is not configured properly, they can slow down your connection, or as in this case – lose the connection altogether.
- Select Change adapter settings
- Right click on internet connection, select property
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). and click on property
- Check the Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically boxes
- Click OK to save the changes
Method three. Manually set DNS address
An alternate DNS server has several benefits, including faster servers compared to ISP servers, so requests are processed faster and more smoothly. Google Public DNS is nearly 10 years old and its IP addresses are 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168, which are pretty easy to remember. Google promises secure DNS connections, hardening against attacks, and speed benefits.
- Select settings on the menu
- choose network
- Select advanced settings and DNS settings
- Press Brochure to Open Main DNS Box
- Enter 8888
- news entry
- For secondary DNS , enter 8844
- Press B to save changed DNS settings
Method four. reset the router
- Look for reset on the back
- Take a thin needle and press inward, it says reset
- Check that your spaceship console is able to connect to the internet
Method five. Change WiFi channel width
The width of the Wifi channel determines how much data can pass through, and at what speed. A wider channel is usually associated with more data being transmitted at a faster rate if there is no interference.
- Press Windows + R to open the running case
- Type cmd and click approve
- enter ipconfig in command prompt
- Press the return key
- Note the number of default gateways
- open a browser
- Enter the number in your default gateway . URL bar and press the return key
- Open the wireless settings in your router’s configuration page
- Select 20Mhz on the channel width drop down menu
Method 6. Use a wired connection
A wired internet connection is always the most reliable and secure internet connection.
- If nothing has worked so far, consider using a wired one as this problem only seems to occur with people using wireless connections.
You may also be interested in the following topics.
- Taobao games cannot be uninstalled
- Can’t sign in to Xbox app on Windows
- Can’t hear anyone in party chat
- “Do you own this game or app?” Xbox error
Fix your mistakes automatically
Our team is trying our best to help users find the best solution to eliminate errors. If you don’t want to struggle with manual repair techniques, use automated software. All recommended products are tested and approved by our professionals. The tools you can use to fix errors are listed below.
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that prevents your internet service provider, the government, and third parties from tracking you online, keeping you completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance without weighing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and watch unrestricted streaming services like Netflix, BBC, Disney+ and other popular streaming services wherever you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors — use other data recovery options
Malware attacks, especially ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work or school files. Since cybercriminals use strong encryption algorithms to lock the data, the data can no longer be used until the Bitcoin ransom is paid. Rather than paying a hacker, you should first try other recovery methods that can help you get back at least some of your lost data. Otherwise, you may also lose your money, as well as documents. One of the best tools to recover at least partially encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.