How to Fix Intermittent Issue with Netgear WiFi?
These days a heavy number of users experiencing intermittent WiFi connection issue with their Netgear routers. This can occur because of a variety of reasons ranging from poor signal to equipment failure. Therefore, here we have come up with some methods to prevent your network from dropping and coming back regularly while you are accessing the Netgear router login page.
Solutions to Fix Intermittent Issue
- Avoid WiFi Interference
Objects like refrigerators, microwaves, Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, and other smart home appliances that use radio signals for transmission can cause interference in your WiFi signals. Therefore, we suggest not placing your Netgear router close to these objects to get rid of the issue.
- Check Your Internet Availability
If your Internet is not working up to the mark, then run a speed test of the internet on another WiFi-enabled device. This will help you verify the fault if it’s in your WiFi-enabled device or with your network. Sometimes, an Internet issue occurs from the back-end, i.e, from the end of your ISP . If that’s the case, then contact your ISP to fix the issue.
- Avoid Overcrowded Network
Another thing you can do to fix the WiFi intermittent issue is disconnecting the devices from your Netgear network which are not in use. If multiple WiFi-enabled devices are connected to the network of your Netgear router, then it will not work efficiently.
- Check Your Connection
You need to make sure that the internet devices you are using are well connected. Sometimes, losing connection can create dropping of your WiFi network. Additionally, if you are using a physical connection, then check your Ethernet cable as it should be free from any wear or tear else, change it with the new one. For proper working with a wireless connection, place your WiFi-enabled devices within the range of your Netgear router.
Important Note: We suggest users prefer a wired connection while attempting to access the Netgear Nighthawk router login page to avoid network lose.
- Update Netgear Router Firmware
You may also come across the WiFi intermittent issue if you are not using the latest version of Netgear router firmware. Therefore, always keep the firmware of the Netgear router updated. If you don’t have any idea about the firmware update process then, here are the simple steps:
- Turn on your Netgear router and your computer.
- On your computer device, launch a web browser. Assure that your are accessing an updated version of web browser.
- Enter the Netgear router login default URL and hit the Enter button.
Important Note: If you aren’t sure about the default URL then, you can use the default IP i.e. 192.168.1.1 to access the Netgear login page.
- Enter the Netgear router default username and password and click the Log In button.
- Once you have successfully logged in, go to the Advanced tab on the Netgear router setup wizard.
- Under the Advanced tab, click the Administration option and then select Firmware Update.
- Next, you are required to click the Check button to see if the new updates are available.
- If available, click Yes to initiate the updating process.
- Then, you are required to follow the onscreen instruction to finish updating your Netgear router firmware.
- Netgear router will restarts automatically.
Once your Netgear router is updated to its latest version. Then, perform Netgear router login using the default web address and see if your issue is resolved or not. If not, then continue reading.
- Reset your Netgear Router
If nothing works for you, then we suggest you reset your Netgear router to the factory default mode. This might help you to resolve the WiFi intermittent issue. To reset your Netgear router, follow the instructions given below:
- Look for the reset button on your Netgear router.
- Once found, press and hold the reset button till the LEDs start blinking.
- Then, your Netgear router will reboot automatically and be restored to the factory setting mode.
Now, reconfigure it using Netgear router login URL i.e. routerlogin.net.
Hopefully, the above methods helped to prevent you from facing the WiFi intermittent issue.