How to Play Escape Room Games: 10 Tips for Beginners
Escape room games are a popular and fun way to spend your free time. These games take place in a specially-designed room that has been completely designed to look like a different world. You and your friends or family team will be locked in the room and you will have 60 minutes to solve puzzles, find clues, and escape before you’re “locked up for good.”
If you’ve never played an escape room game before, we recommend trying out these 10 tips for beginners before your next play date.
10 tips for beginners
Escape games have grown in popularity over the last few years. If you’ve never played an escape room game before, you’re in for a wild ride! That’s why we want to give you some must-dos before your next play date.
We recommend that beginners:
1) Purchase a clue card
2) Establish ground rules
3) Make a list of what to bring
4) Make a list of the items you will need to solve the puzzles
5) Have a general idea of how long it should take your team to escape
6) Know where to go after escaping (to celebrate or relax)
What to bring with you
Before you even head to the game, make sure to follow these 10 tips for beginners.
1. Don’t forget your phone charger!
2. Don’t forget to bring a lock pick or a knife.
3. Make sure you have enough money to buy food and drinks during the game.
4. If it’s your first time playing, we recommend playing with a group of people that are familiar with the games beforehand, so they can share their knowledge as you go along.
5. Bring snacks and drinks that you like and don’t mind sharing or eating in the room.
6. Bring extra clothes just in case! Sometimes, when escaping from an escape room, there is water or other hazards involved that would require changing into something else before exiting the room safely (i.e., sweatpants instead of jeans).
7. Bring something to draw on (pencils work best) so you can leave messages for yourself and others inside the game if needed as well as leaving notes for each other outside of it when things get tough in real life (for example, if one person is stuck in the game).
While Playing Escape Room Games
Safety precautions are one of the most important aspects of any escape room game. They help to ensure that everyone is having a fun experience and stays safe during the game.
There are several safety precautions you should take before you play an escape room game. These include:
– Having a plan for how to leave the room in case of emergency
– Bringing your own snacks and drinks so that you don’t have to worry about sharing food and drink with strangers
– Having a phone charger or battery pack on hand in case your phone dies while playing
– Avoiding wearing something valuable or carrying anything expensive while playing
– Bringing a travel towel, especially if playing a hot room
– Not drinking too much alcohol before playing
– Not wearing contact lenses
The Escape Room Rules
Escape rooms are a fun team-building activity that will have your group laughing, learning, and even thinking. If you’re new to the game, here are 10 tips for beginners to make your escape room experience more enjoyable.
It’s important to let go of any stress or anxiety you might be feeling before entering your escape room. You’ll be better able to solve difficult puzzles if you’re calm and focused.
2. Take Notes
Take notes so that the entire team is on the same page about what’s happening and what needs to happen in order for everyone to escape from the room efficiently. This will also help you remember where things went wrong or if something was missed along the way.
3. Remember: It’s not over until it’s over
Don’t give up too soon! The clock never stops ticking during an escape room game; it just keeps going one minute at a time until you solve all of the puzzles and succeed in escaping! Make sure not to check out too early once you’ve found the clues needed to escape, either—you don’t want your opponents to catch up with you between now and when time is up!
escape room games Boise
If you decide to try out an escape room games Boise for the first time, there are a few tips we recommend you follow before your next adventure.
First of all, pick a game that is appropriate for your group and has a good reputation. You want your group to have as much fun as possible, so choosing something with a prize at the end would be ideal.
Second, make sure you clear your calendar on the day of the game and give yourself plenty of time to get ready. One of the best ways to get yourself in the right mindset is by packing snacks and drinks that will help keep you refreshed throughout your game. Consider stocking up on things like gummies and granola bars!
Third, choose a game that is not too complicated or too easy. It’s important to have enough challenges in order to keep everyone engaged within the allotted time frame, but it’s also important not to over-challenge them or they might become frustrated. If this happens, they may stop playing altogether!
Fourth, find some friends who are also interested in escape rooms! This will make it more enjoyable for everyone involved.
Tips for Solving Puzzles
If you want to solve puzzles successfully, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, know what the goal of the puzzle is. Is it to find a key? To open a lock? To get out before time runs out? This will help you make sure that you’re taking the appropriate steps towards solving it.
Next, don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it! If someone has already solved the puzzle and is willing to share their solution with you, ask them for a hint or look at their solution. It’s often helpful to “think outside of the box” and try new strategies when trying to solve a puzzle.
Lastly, remember that some puzzles may be more challenging than others. Some clues may require more critical thinking and more time than others. It’s important not to feel discouraged if a puzzle seems impossible and just try your best!
Tips for Finding Clues
1. Make sure you have your own pen and paper, or a notepad
This might seem like an obvious tip, but it’s important! Your team should be able to write down clues that they come across in the game.
2. Don’t be afraid to ask questions
Sometimes, players get stuck on a puzzle and are unsure of how to progress forward. Be sure to ask your fellow players for tips when you’re stuck! They might know where to go next.
3. Try not to spend too much time on any one clue
If you’re getting stuck on something, try exploring other areas of the room while you wait for other members of your team to join you back at the spot where you got stuck. This will make sure that no one gets too frustrated with the process and everyone winds up finishing the game together.
4. Write things down as soon as possible
This is another obvious tip, but it’s important! Don’t forget about writing things down when they first occur to you, or even better yet—make a note of what happened before moving onto a new area of the room if you’re feeling lost or frustrated with what’s going on in front of you!
Tips for Escaping the Room
When you’re in the room, make sure that your team has a plan. It’s easy to get caught up in the game and not know how to escape, but having a plan will help keep everyone focused on the goal of getting out.
Each person should have a specific role, and make sure they’re communicating their roles to each other so they know what they are responsible for doing during the game. The more organized the team is, the better chance there is of escaping before time is up!
Start with small steps; don’t try to tackle everything at once. If you need to use an object or find something hidden in the room, start by looking around carefully first before you move on. You’ll have time to explore later, so take it slow and get familiar with all of your surroundings.
Use clues and hints liberally! Ask your teammates for assistance when you need them and use what you can find in the room. Sometimes just knowing where something might be can give your group an edge over their opponents—don’t be afraid to ask for help if you need it!
Take note of any unusual objects or anything that looks out of place; these could be helpful clues as well as red herrings meant to throw