With so many different types of products, brands, and models on the market today, selecting a GPU cooler can be a daunting task. Fortunately for you, we have done some research and come up with what we believe are three of the best options available. We’ve provided links below to these products as well as an installation guide that will walk you through what you need to do in order to get the best thermal pads gpu installed.
How to install a thermal pad?
Before you begin, make sure you have a list of all the components that come with your GPU cooler model. This will include any screws, washers, and thermal pads. Also, be aware that the copper heat spreader inside your computer is extremely fragile. As such you should handle it with care in order to avoid damaging or scratching it in any way.
To get started, make sure your computer is turned off and disconnected from a power source. Next, take apart the entire cooler of your GPU by unscrewing it and removing any screws that hold its heat sink in place. Once you have done this use a flat-head screwdriver to gently begin prying up one corner of your existing thermal pad.
Once you have done this, slowly pull the thermal pad off of your computer’s heat spreader with your fingers. Next, take one of the new thermal pads that came with your GPU cooler and place it on top of the exposed metal surface on your computer’s heat spreader. Finally, use a flat-head screwdriver to gently press your new thermal pad until it completely adheres to the metal surface on your computer’s heat spreader.
Once you finished this, simply assemble all of the components back together again and then connect your GPU cooler to a power source. Then proceed to turn on your computer and enjoy both greatly improved cooling performance as well as reduced noise levels.
Best thermal pads:
1. Artic Silver 5: – Best thermal paste and pads for GPU
2. Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut: – Legit thermal paste offering great performance at a fair price
3. Arctic MX-4: – Great performance, low cost and can be found almost anywhere
4. Nanotherm BTF90: – Best value for money thermal paste with good performance at a low price
5. NOCTUA NT-H1: – No compromise thermal paste offering excellent performance at a fair price
Tips for installing your new thermal pad:
1. Align the pad on top of your heat spreader with its adhesive side down by holding it from one end.
2. Gently place the CPU on top of the pad and press down on its center with a little more force than you would if you were pushing a pencil across a sheet of paper – do it slowly and carefully to avoid damaging your CPU.
3. Allow the adhesive on the thermal pad to bond with your CPU’s heat spreader and it should now be firmly in place and ready for you to rest your CPU back into its socket.
Do not attempt this if you don’t feel confident enough as it can potentially damage your computer so we recommend that you find a professional to do it for you.
Benefits of using a thermal pad on your GPU:
1. Prevents the spread of heat from one area to another – this will help reduce localized heat build-up caused by hotter areas pushing their heat towards other cooler parts.
2. Better dissipation of heat leading to improved thermal performance and faster cooling times under load so your fans won’t have to spin as fast in order to keep the GPU cool.
3. Can be easily removed and replaced if necessary or whenever you feel like it so you can keep your computer’s temperatures in check at all times.
These are just a handful of reasons why having a dedicated thermal pad for your graphics card is such a good idea and we hope that our guide will help you to make the right choice. If you have any experience with this topic please feel free to share it with us in the comments section below as we would love to hear about your experiences, good or bad.
This article is about the top 5 best thermal pads GPU and how you can install them by yourself. So, it is very important to read the article carefully before start installing your GPU pad. If you feel any problem while the installation process then takes help from a professional.