Do you have water stains on your ceiling, walls, and flooring? Do you see signs of water or mold damage in certain areas of your house? If yes, then there’s a high chance that an area of your home has been subjected to excess moisture.
Why does this happen? Moisture can come from rain, excessive humidity and leaking pipes.
Moisture in the home can cause a number of problems, from mildew growth to structural damage. The reason you should never attempt water extraction at home is that it requires a certain level of training and experience to be done right. If not done properly, you can worsen the problem by causing more damage than needed. It’s critical that you call in a professional water extraction service instead, because there are telltale signs you should look out for when doing so.
If your wall or ceiling have dark stains on them due to mold
If your wooden flooring has slightly darkened around the area where a leak was previously detected
If you see water marks on the walls and ceilings that do not go away even after wiping it down
If you can feel or smell unusual moldy odor in specific areas of your home
If any of the signs above are evident in your home, you will definitely need to contact a professional water extraction service. Water extraction is never an easy task and should only be done by professionals who have undergone proper training to handle water damage restoration.
If you attempt water extraction in your home without proper training and experience, you can worsen the problem by causing more damage than needed. Most often, a homeowner attempting to extract water will make a larger mess instead of actually getting rid of it.
The next step after hiring a professional water extraction service is permanent mold removal from your house. Mold can cause a health hazard to you and your family. This is why it must be removed from your home as soon as possible.