Remember those days when the washing, the drying, and the ironing were all done at home? At one point in time, it was considered to be standard household work. Today, people have realized that they can afford to spend their time on something more productive. This had led to the creation and proliferation of uber for laundry services.
The Erstwhile Limitations
Although the laundry industry was providing a much-needed service, it had its own set of dubious attributes. The least of them is the fact that you needed to drop your laundry by yourself and pick it up yourself. Yes… There were some laundry services that would offer pick up and drop. However, that would cost a lot more confusion because the person who picks it up might not know your exact address.
The On-Demand Interjection
The problem of not knowing where the customer was had been plaguing every service segment for a long time. This was effectively solved by Uber in 2009, opening opportunities for every service business to capitalize on the on-demand business model.
In the years ever since Uber was introduced, people have grown more accepting of the idea of giving their soiled clothes for laundry. Combining this shift in the mindset and how it reflects on the market and the availability of an on-demand solution for almost everything, an on-demand laundry app solution is a great business idea.
The on-demand laundry space expects to rise to a value of about half of a billion by 2025. Now it would be a perfect time for any entrepreneurs to invest in an Uber for laundry app development.
How Does It Work?
The way in which an Uber for laundry services works is quite simple and straightforward. There are different business models that can work exceptionally well within this space. Some laundry services have their own fleet of delivery people. However, some of them try to use big delivery executives as they can concentrate on what their core offering is.
As you may have guessed, that would be three distinct applications, one for the user, one for the laundry shop, and one for the delivery executive. The administrator will oversee all the three entities involved.
The user can download the app and book their laundry requirements. They can give specifications like the exact service or the combination of services that they would like to avail of, the quantity of laundry, and if they would require it on an urgent basis. The request goes both to the laundry shops and also to the delivery assistants who will pick the laundry up from the location of the customer.
The delivery executive starts to move towards the customer pick-up point upon the business accepting the request. Based on the workload, the business can either choose to accept or reject the request.
Based on the parameters entered by the customer, the app algorithm calculates the cost involved. Once the laundry work is over, the delivery executor picks the laundry up from the business and delivers it back to the customer.
As you can see, the process is simple and straightforward.
The Major Advantages Of Launching An Uber For Laundry App
The app ecosystem brings considerable advantages to all the parties involved.
The customer does not have to go through the hassle of finding the laundry shop by themselves and taking their basket of soil close to the location of the business. The customer also does not have to go through the haggle and tussle of price discrepancies. Since everything is clear even before the work starts, the process is quite efficient. The customer also gets a chance to review and rate the laundry experience. It helps in making the entire ecosystem democratic. They can also rate the delivery experience. This ensures that there is a constant yet massive push for businesses to comply with the highest standards of quality and customer satisfaction.
The delivery workers get an opportunity to earn an additional income. They can work in the comfort of their own time. Thus they also have the flexibility to talk with their availability. They also do not have any responsibilities as an employee because they are just designated as contract workers or delivery partners.
The laundry business also does not have to worry about logistics support which is only an auxiliary skill that they need. The users can also focus on the improvement of the cold services too.
The Features Of Uber For Laundry App
The apps should be brimming with features that make it easy for them to execute the intended action. For the user, they should be able to book their laundry pick up in less than three steps. The business should not have any hassle in accepting the request and equally, in rejecting them. The delivery executives should be able to keep a good track of their earnings and should have their earnings credited to their bank accounts promptly.
The Garnish Of Seven
There cannot be any compromise on the basic features. However, if you would like to distinguish your offering from your competition, the seven features listed below will give you the much-needed edge to position yourself as a market leader.
- Your app should be, in addition to the email and phone number login, able to support social media login. Using legacy credentials makes the entire login process simple and easy.
- The doubling of availability for the business and the delivery executive should be simple and straightforward.
- Push notifications should be effectively used to ensure that the right communications are made to the parties. The customer should get updates about the status of their laundry. Also, the delivery executives should receive any notifications about the availability of a new gig.
- The GPS is like the epicenter of the entire on-demand illusion. The GPS should help the delivery executives in accurately reaching the customer location. Parallel to this, he should also help in keeping the customer updated about the moment of their delivery executive during both pick up and drop.
- The app should be able to take payments from multiple payment methods. For this purpose, the app tie up with a payment gateway that can accept payments from multiple payment instruments like credit cards, debit cards, Internet banking, and native wallets.
- Provide Subscription plans at a discounted rate, so people can make a payment in advance and available services. It helps increase brand stickiness, and also helps the business earn quick revenue.
- Your app should also have space for promotions and discounts. The administrator should be able to create discount codes based on festivities, and even for individual customers based on their loyalty.
Laundry is one service that people find difficult to do by themselves but you can never deny its inevitability. Now it would be a perfect time for any aspiring entrepreneur to launch their own condiment Laundry app solution. Therefore, the ready-made Uber for laundry app is cost-effective.
All you have to do is to get in touch with the company that specializes in the development and customization of a white-label Uber for laundry app. They will understand your requirements and present you with perfect solutions that will help you decrease wrinkled clothes while at the same time increasing your profit!