Turkey Transit Visa details￼
Turkey is a huge peninsula that connects the European and Asian continents. The Black Sea, the Mediterranean Sea, and the Aegean Sea encircle Turkey Visa Online Eligibility on three sides. The capital of the country is Ankara. The largest city in the country is Istanbul.
Turkey is one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations. It should be on every traveler’s bucket list because it has something to offer everyone. It contains information about the history, culture, wildlife, and other topics.
Turkey has a long and illustrious history. The country is home to the world’s largest number of archeological sites. The many sights to see in Turkey include Ephesus, Troy, Cappadocia, and St. Peter’s cave church.
Travel to Turkey
In Turkey, airports are equipped with contactless remote thermal measurement devices, as well as thermal cameras, which can detect any unusual temperature increase (greater than 38 degrees) for passengers arriving at the airport.
- People who intend to travel must apply for a visa for Turkey. To prevent delays in processing, apply for a visa for Turkey at least one month ahead of time. Passengers traveling from, or having recently visited, countries of concern are subject to entrance restrictions in Turkey.
- If you’re aged six or older, you’ll need to fill out the Turkey Visa Online Requirements form at least 72 hours before your trip. For transit passengers, however, this is not required.
- You don’t need to test or quarantine if you’re completely vaccinated before entering Turkey.
- When entering Turkey, you’ll need to show proof of a negative PCR test (performed no more than 72 hours before admission), a fast antigen test (taken no more than 48 hours before entry), or proof of a recent recovery from COVID-19 within the last six months if you aren’t completely vaccinated.
- If you would like to stay in Turkey for longer than 90 days, you must either apply for a longer stay visa before leaving or obtain a residency permit from the Turkish authorities before your 90-day stay expires.
- If you want to get a job in Turkey, make sure you have all of the necessary permits. The Turkish Ministry of Interior can provide more details. You may be punished, deported, and barred from returning to the country if you do not follow the requirements of your visa or permit.
- Before leaving the border crossing area, check sure your passport has a dated entry stamp if you’re entering Turkey via land.
What is a transit visa?
A transit visa is a short-term visa. You may need a transit visa if you want to connect to an external airport or cross via an external country, depending on your nationality and destination country.
Visas for immediate and continuous transit (C) are nonimmigrant visas. Immediate and continuous transit is identified as a reasonable expeditious departure of the traveler in the normal course of travel as the factors enable, assuming a scheduled itinerary with no unjustified layover privileges.
The transit visa in Turkey is valid for 72 hours (three days) and is obtained in the same way as a Tourist Entry Visa.
Do I need a transit visa for Turkey?
A Turkey Transit Visa is a document that allows you to travel through Turkey on your way to another nation. All passengers under the Turkey visa regime who intend to pass through immigration and stay in Turkey overnight for a connection must obtain the authorization.
You may require a visa if you intend to utilize Turkey as a transit country and must pass through immigration or remain in Turkey overnight.
Unless they come from a visa-free country, foreign citizens must apply for a transit visa for Turkey.
You may need one of the given documents to transit through Turkey, depending on your nationality:
- An e-Visa for Turkey is a document that allows you to travel to Turkey electronically: This visa is simple, quick, and inexpensive to obtain. This is detailed further down on this page.
- A Visa with a Turkish Stamp: You must gather documentation, attend a visa interview, and pay a visa fee to obtain a transit sticker visa. The transit visa sticker can be Single and double-decker buses.
So, you may be interested in “which countries want transit visas for Turkey?”. Nationals of 78 nations and territories are currently exempt from obtaining a visa before visiting Turkey for vacation or business. There are several lists depending on how long you can remain without a visa. See if your country is included in any of the following lists.
Nationals of the following countries are not required to obtain a visa to visit Turkey and may stay for up to three months in a six-month period, either interrupted or uninterrupted:
Albania, Andorra, Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Iran, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Nicaragua, North Macedonia, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Qatar, Romania, Saint Kitts and Nevis, San Marino, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vatican City, Venezuela, United Kingdom.
To transit through Istanbul Ataturk Airport on Turkey’s European side or Sabiha Gokcen Airport on Turkey’s Asian side, a Turkish Transit Visa may be required.
So, only if you also need a Turkish visa for tourist or business, you’ll need an Istanbul Transit Visa to fly through an Istanbul airport to reach your target country.
Turkey Transit Visa is the only official name for an Istanbul Transit Visa, which is a Transit visa.
Turkey transit visa requirements
The process of obtaining a transit visa in Turkey is straightforward. To obtain a transit visa, you must first choose the appropriate Transit Visa Type. Determine whether you are eligible for a Turkish e-Visa or a Turkish Sticker Visa. Both offer their own set of instructions for filling out a Turkey transit visa application form.
These are Turkey transit visa requirements for Turkish e-visa:
Within minutes, you can complete the Turkey eVisa application form, and you will be permitted to visit Turkey legally:
- Application form: To obtain an e-Visa, you must first complete the form and submit it with all of the essential information.
- Payment: The visa fee for Turkey must be paid with a credit or debit card.
- Printout: You will receive a softcopy of your transit visa once everything is in order. You can print out your transit visa and bring it with you to the Turkish border.
In case you want to apply for a Turkish Sticker visa, these are Turkey transit visa requirements:
- A fin Turkish transit visa application form, travel insurance, verification of employment status, and other documents are required.
- A passport or other travel document is required. On the date you arrive in Turkey, it should be valid for at least another six months.
- Two identical photos meet the photo requirements for a Turkish visa.
- Proof of income or savings is required. You must show confirmation that you have sufficient funds to cover your stay/transit in Turkey as well as your destination country. For each day you intend to spend in Turkey, you should budget around €50.
- Proof of travel medical insurance acquired.
- Other documents required include:
- A finished Turkish transit visa application form, travel insurance, employment verification, and other documentation.
- It is necessary to have a passport or other kind of identification. It should be required for at least another six months on the date you arrive in Turkey.
- Two identical images satisfy the Turkish visa photo requirements.
- It is necessary to provide evidence of income or savings. You must present proof that you have enough money to cover both your stay and travel in Turkey and your destination country. You should set up about €50 for each day you want to spend in Turkey.
- Evidence of having purchased travel medical insurance.
Most foreigners are allowed to transit through Turkey during the COVID-19 travel restrictions as long as they are not barred from entering.
Passengers who will be staying in the airport between flights are exempt from the coronavirus admission criteria. All travelers leaving the airport and entering Turkey, however, must have the following documents:
- A negative PCR test performed no more than 72 hours before departure is required.
- Form for Entry into Turkey (Completed)