Understand the Latest Plagiarism Trends to Keep Your Source Code Unique
During the pandemic period, the online learning environment is putting academics at risk with misconduct. Cheating has always been an issue in colleges, but after COVID-19 turned up, the education method has changed drastically. In the remote learning period, students develop new cheating abilities. In this post, we will discuss the solution for this problem to determine the copied source code that can be implemented in the programming world.
Plagiarism has become a serious problem and day by day, it is spreading and achieving new forms. It is necessary to take steps to keep the source code original and real. Having a robust regime for accusations of plagiarism is a great thing, as this flaw comes under professional, academic, and legal consequences. To make sure to avoid plagiarism, it’s essential to have a potent Source Code Checker.
Source code plagiarism is easy to do but difficult to detect without code plagiarism checker tools. Plagiarism detection combines the detection of copied functions, logic and method for determining similarity.
Plagiarism Detection Methods
Manual detection of source code plagiarism can be time and effort consuming. That is why,, to make the detection process fast, various plagiarism techniques are applied to create tools to detect the disguised fact of plagiarism.
In this Internet age, copying source code from online resources isn’t anymore a head digging task. The optimal solution to this problem is automatic Plagiarism Detection tools. There are widespread plagiarism methods of different complexity applied to disguise the code plagiarism. So, you should cautions from the imitated source code. Here are the following various elements where students can make alterations to create code without the credit of the original creator.
- Code Formatting: Modifications in the indentation depth, insertion/deletion of empty lines, extra line breaks, additional spaces, and others.
- Insert, modify, or delete the comments.
- Changes names of variables, methods, or classes.
- Changes in constant values.
- Order change can relate to the order of variable declarations, statements, functions, or methods within a class.
- Code redundancy, For example, dead code, redundant imports, variables, statements, and methods.
- Code redesigning.
The key working features of the Code originality checker against plagiarism hiding modifications:
- An innovative fuzzy searching algorithm helps to detect code sequences that differ in one or several elements.
- Detailed report of different types of non-unique sequences highlighted with different colors.
- Graph-based results show plagiarism hiding modifications by comparison with graph dependence programs.
Source Code Plagiarism is a common practice in computer science programs. For the identification of copied source code, you require source code plagiarism detection tools. Sometimes, students show their creativity by copying code rather than focusing on building logic. With a source code checker tool, you can identify the copied code and educators can help students in order to build potential in the right direction.
If you are looking for an online Source Code Checker, at Codequiry you can avail of programming checker services. We help educators and business sectors to create effective and plagiarized-free code. We have a specialized AI-powered source code checker algorithm to avoid infringement of copyright.
Read More: How to pick the Best Source Code Plagiarism Checker & Why is it Important?