It would not be an exaggeration to say that Uber has revolutionized the perception of cabs and transport at large. The yellow taxis of New York have ceased to be the signatures of the city because of the introduction of Uber. Although the company is just a little over a decade old, it has marked its presence across over 600 cities and 70 countries.
Consider the opportunities that lie ahead and how wide the market is. However, there is quite a lot of scope and opportunity even for new players to step in and not only mark their presence but also make a profit out of this lucrative taxi-booking segment…
The COVID-19 interregnum
The COVID-19 pandemic has been a game-changer for most industries, and the field of on-demand transportation is not an exception. Every factor that fueled on-demand transportation had to come to a standstill. Tourism has dropped to zero and people are no longer commuting to offices on a daily basis.
On the surface, it might seem like a bad time but when things bounce back, the domain of on-demand taxi booking will be more powerful than ever. People will want a more personal mode of transport that reduces exposure to other people, and even offices may provide commute services for their employees.
Any person with a good knowledge of business intelligence will tell you that now would be a perfect time for you to invest in a taxi booking app like Uber. This would give you enough time to experiment, feel, bounce back, and improve your product before the market gets full-fledged again.
Developing An App Like Uber
Uber has become the benchmark for any taxi booking app. Therefore, if you would like to venture into this space of mobile app-based taxi booking, you will need to develop an app like Uber. You can build the app from scratch either by hiring your own team of developers or by partnering with a company that specializes in the development of taxi booking apps. Both these methods, however, consume quite a lot of time and money. You do not even know if the product output will be free from glitches that might interfere with the basic functionality of the app.
However, as an alternative, you can go for an Uber clone app. The Uber clone app, in essence, uses the Uber-like app source code, keeping intact the basic features.
What Is An Uber Clone Source Code?
An Uber clone source code is, in essence, the skeleton of a taxi booking app like Uber. It has all the features needed for the perfect functioning of a taxi booking ecosystem, but without any skin on it.
Having an Uber clone source code would mean that you can customize your app according to the requirements, including features and visual elements… This would considerably shorten the time required to build a taxi booking app. Although there are a lot of white label Uber-like app source codes available in the market, it is strongly recommended that you partner with a company that specializes in the development and customization of Uber clone applications.
The Core Features To Include In The Uber Clone App
An Uber clone app might adequately fill your needs for the mobile app skeleton. This should not, however, stop you from familiarizing yourself with the features that are considered crucial for the app.
There are three distinct apps: one for the user, one for the driver, and one for the administrator. The administrator can also access their dashboard over a web interface.
The User App
- The user should be able to log in using credentials like email or phone number or existing legacy credentials like Facebook and Google.
- The user should, in addition to making payment by cash, also be able to make payment digitally for which the app should be integrated with a versatile payment gateway that can accept payments from credit cards, debit cards, Internet banking, and native wallets.
- The interface should be intuitive and simple, so the user can either schedule a taxi booking or book right now.
- The app should also present passengers with a review and reading system that will help them review the experience with the specific driver.
The Driver App
- The driver should be able to easily register with the app similar to the customer, but the driver should also undergo a verification procedure where they have to submit the documents confirming their identity and their eligibility to drive a vehicle.
- The GPS should come into play in giving the driver optimized routes not only to reach the location preferring the best route but also to reach the actual destination the person intends to.
- The drivers of taxi booking apps like Uber are, in essence, gig workers. Therefore, they should have the freedom to talk with her availability, and also to accept or reject any riderequest with the awareness that the earnings would be contingent upon the number of tribes.
- The drivers should have their earnings quickly credited to their wallets and to their bank account. It is this factor that will enhance the trust that the driver has on your brand.
The Administrator Dashboard
- The administrator should take care of all the aspects of the app, but not limited to managing drivers, passengers, revenues, and customer support.
- They should be provided with an intuitive interface to look at the revenues, the existing commission rates for drivers, and the number of active rides.
- They should be able to initiate offers and discounts for the entire app users or for specific users.
- They should have the power to add a City to the list of available cities at which that particular brand provides taxi services.
The Avenues For Revenue From A Taxi-Booking App Like Uber
No business model is complete without revenue. An app like Uber earns its revenue from two major streams.
For every ride that the app facilitates, a commission is charged from the driver. It might seem like a small percentage but the number of rides makes it one of the biggest chunks of revenue generations for a taxi booking app like Uber.
Since a lot of people use taxi booking services on an everyday basis, some companies partner with the taxi booking up and run ads. Businesses can collaborate with such taxi apps and offer discounts. The taxi app can charge a good amount for a company that intends to build business and brand through their app.
The spark of revolution started by Uber in 2009 has been proliferating in all directions without any attenuation. If you would like to be an entrepreneur who wants to capitalize on this waiver, all you need to do is get in touch with a company that specializes in the development and customization of the Uber Clone script. They will take care of everything, including understanding the requirements, customize the app in line with your business needs, and present you with the perfect solution that will help you launch your taxi booking app in the shortest possible time!