Verizon Email Settings & Setup on Outlook
Verizon mail is a very famous email service that is quite popular all across the world. This extremely famous Verizon mail was shifted to AOL email in the year 2017 and retired all its email providers for the customers. However, the users who have the access to Verizon mail can still access their account on some other email client.
In this article, we are going to cover the Verizon.net email settings so that the users could know all about the settings of Verizon and get to know about it.
So, you need to set the correct settings of Verizon and Verizon yahoo email settings and have a close look at all the information we are providing here in this blog.
Verizon Server Settings of SMTP
First, we will see the settings of SMTP of the Verizon server which is also known as Outgoing server settings.
- SMTP server name – smtp.verizon.net (for AOL Verizon) / outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net (for Yahoo Verizon)
- SMTP port number – 465 (SSL) or 587 (TLS)
- Encryption – SSL/ TLS
- SMTP username – the full email address of Verizon which will look like email@example.com
- SMTP password – the password of AOL mail account
Verizon server settings of IMAP
After SMTP server let us see the settings of IMAP which is the incoming server settings of Verizon and the users need to set these settings properly.
- IMAP server name – imap.aol.com (for AOL Verizon)/ incoming.yahoo.verizon.net (for Yahoo Verizon)
- IMAP port number – 993
- Encryption – SSL
Verizon server settings of POP
Lastly the users need to see the settings of POP server of the Verizon after SMTP and IMAP settings.
- POP server name – pop.verizon.net (for AOL Verizon)/ incoming.yahoo.verizon.net (for Yahoo Verizon)
- POP port number – 995
- Encryption – SSL
Now, that you know the settings let us tell you the steps which you need to follow to set up Verizon email in different email clients.
Setting up Verizon SMTP in Gmail
- For the initial step the users have to click on Gmail web and log into your account followed by clicking on settings option.
- Now, the users need to hit on accounts and import option and then press on add another email address.
- Type in the email address of your Verizon account and then tap on next step.
- After filling in the username and the password followed by doing the settings.
- Hit on add account and then Google will do the authentication process which will enable you to send emails using your Verizon account.
Setting up Verizon SMTP in Outlook
- Once on the outlook mail you need to click on file and then info and then add account.
- Now, type in the email address and the password of Verizon followed by clicking on connect.
- Now, in file and info and then manage profiles the users need to click on email accounts so that you can go to the advanced settings and then finally hit on the ok button for Verizon email setup.