Dolly Parton: biography, career and curiosities about the queen of American country music.
Dolly Parton was the first major American country star to achieve success in pop music as well. An icon of the show made in the USA capable of her, with her blonde curls of hers, of conquering the world and becoming a symbol and inspiration for many singers after her. Let’s find out her curiosities about her career and her private life.
Who is Dolly Parton: the biography
Dolly Rebecca Parton was born in Sevierville, Tennesse on January 19, 1946 under the sign of Capricorn . Raised in a family very close to gospel and spiritual music, she made her debut in 1965 with Monument Records.
At first the label tries to make her famous as a pop singer of the bubblegum genre . Her success, however, is hard to come and then Monument decides to direct her towards the country road . Her first big hit is Dumb Blonde , and it reaches number 22 on the American chart in 1967. This is the single that opens the doors to her first album, Hello, I’m Dolly .
Thanks also to participation in some TV shows, his fame grows dramatically and in 1968 Parton is hired by another label, RCA . In this period some of her most important hits were released, including the album Coat of Many Colors , one of the best albums of all time according to Rolling Stone .
He reaches the first position in the American singles chart with Jolene , and between the sixties and the seventies he becomes a true superstar . One of the most famous songs of this period is the romantic ballad I Will Always Love You , later successfully covered by Whitney Houston . Thanks to these great successes, Parton also manages to establish herself on television with a show of her all of her, Dolly! , in the second half of the seventies.
In this period he turned towards pop , becoming the first superstar to blend country sounds and more commercial melodies (in the following years, artists of the caliber of Shania Twain and Miley Cyrus will do the same). About her The most important album of this phase of her career is Here You Come Again in 1977. Here is her About her Heartbreaker About her:
Throughout the eighties he remained on the crest of the wave as a country pop and adult oriented pop artist, ringing successful singles . Only at the end of the decade and in the nineties did she return to pure country, with always good results.
What does Dolly Parton do today ? She continues in her career, between albums that take up the classics of the past and some new work every now and then. He also founded his own label , Dolly Records. Her last record to date is 2020’s A Holly Dolly Christmas7 .
Dolly Parton’s private life: wife and children
Dolly first married Carl Thomas Dean on May 30, 1966. The two have remained together to this day, and in 2011 Parton said, “We are really proud of our marriage. It was the first for both of us and it will be the last ”. They never had children , but Dolly is the godmother of another big country pop star, Miley Cyrus .
You know that…
– Dolly Parton is 1 meter and 52 meters tall.
– She is nicknamed the queen of country music, with 41 albums placed in the top ten of the American charts.
– She was the fourth of twelve children. Many of her siblings have also tried to break into the music business.
– His was a very religious family of Pentecostal orientation.
– She posed for Playboy as a girl, and at 76 she chose to show off again in the same sexy outfit on social media.
– Dolly is also famous for her philanthropy and her attention to the needs of the less fortunate.
– Won, among other things, a Grammy for Lifetime Achievement .
– What is the Dolly Parton Challenge ? The latest social challenge launched by the queen of the country. It consists of publishing a collage on social media of the profile photos you use for your main accounts, those of Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin and Tinder.
– Speaking of Instagram , Dolly Parton has an official account with millions of followers.