Wholewheat Pav -All About Wholewheat Pav
Wholewheat Pav is a whole wheat bread that has been baked in a pav, or Indian bread oven. It is made with whole grains, which means that it contains all three parts of the grain: the bran, germ, and endosperm. Whole grain foods are an excellent source of fiber, vitamins and minerals like selenium, magnesium and zinc. They also contain more protein than white breads.
It’s been around for centuries, but it has become increasingly popular in the last few decades. It’s delicious and nutritious, but it’s also quite simple to make at home—and much cheaper than buying it at the store!
To make wholewheat pav:
- Mix together 1 cup of warm water and 2 teaspoons of yeast in a large bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes until foamy.
- Add 3 cups of whole wheat flour to the bowl and mix well until combined (add more water if needed).3.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size (about 1 hour).
- Punch down dough and roll out into a rectangle shape (make sure it’s thin!).
- Spread 1/4 cup butter over the top of your rectangle, then sprinkle with sugar evenly over butter layer (be careful not to go overboard here as too much sugar will cause your pav to burn!)
- Fold up sides of dough over top layer so they meet in cente
This recipe is great if you are looking for a snack that is low in fat, but gives you plenty of energy. It’s a great source of fiber as well. If you want to study, or just want a quick snack before leaving for school or work, you should definitely give this Wholewheat Pav recipe a try!
While this concludes our post about the wholewheat pav recipe, It’s just instructions, and you don’t need any skills to follow them.